Direct Ascent - The Rocket Runner
A downloadable game for Windows and Android
Have you ever dreamed of flying real rockets, like the Saturn V or the Space Shuttle, only to not be able to convince Congress to give you enough money to do so?
Bypass Congress's unwillingness by acquiring Direct Ascent, a rocket runner with real-world rockets!
- Rockets from real life, each with their own ability!
- Obstacles, including asteroids, comets, space junk and more!
- Fun music accompanying each level!
- Lots of crunches and explosions!
- Achievements with associated rewards!
- A boss fight with a Dragon capsule!
- Left/Right arrows to go left/right, respectively
- Click or press space to use the rocket's ability (or throw the object you're holding in the boss fight in the snapshots)
Direct Ascent is finally in 1.0! Although the game is out of beta, subsequent updates will be made, so any feedback is still greatly appreciated. Also, if you want to, you can report a bug here.
Audio Credit under Attribution or Sampling+ lisences:
- "Whoosh water x4" - benman87 (https://freesound.org/people/beman87/sounds/162839/)
- "charging power" - JavierZumner (https://freesound.org/people/JavierZumer/sounds/257229/)
- "Splash, Jumping, H.wav" - InspectorJ (https://freesound.org/people/InspectorJ/sounds/352102/)
- "Laser Wrath 4" - marcuslee (https://freesound.org/people/marcuslee/sounds/42106/)
- "Analog Alarm Clock" - bone666138 (https://freesound.org/people/bone666138/sounds/198841/)
- "Laser Shot Silenced" - budaproducer (https://freesound.org/people/bubaproducer/sounds/151022/)
- "20061105Grinder1.wav" - daveincamas (https://freesound.org/people/daveincamas/sounds/25036/)
Other sounds/music not listed here are either listed under the CC0 lisence or were made by/for me.
|Made with||Unity, Audacity, Inkscape|
|Tags||2D, Colorful, Destruction, Difficult, Endless, Endless Runner, Explosions, Fast-Paced, rocket|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, High-contrast|
|Links||Homepage, Blog, Bug Report|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- A Direct Ascent Postmortem :)Apr 04, 2021
- So I started doing YOUTUBE...Dec 11, 2020
- So I REBRANDED...Dec 10, 2020
- NEW GAME REVEALDec 06, 2020
- HoneyFun Website: REDESIGN Part 2!Nov 20, 2020
- I REDESIGNED my WEBSITE...Nov 17, 2020
- DIRECT ASCENT 1.0 is RELEASED!Nov 10, 2020
- The DRAGON BOSS FIGHT is DONE... (Well nearly)Oct 23, 2020